Thursday, 15 March 2007

Thai Lemongrass Chicken

Since I had leftover lemongrass from the Chicken Satay I made over the weekend, I decided to google "Thai Lemongrass Chicken" and I found this! This is so good, you guys definitely have to give it a try.


Marinate the chicken for 1-2 hours..

The end product!

Thai Lemongrass Chicken!!!


INGREDIENTS:
2 stalks fresh lemon grass
1 lb chicken thighs, boneless and skinless is preferred; wash thoroughly and cut thighs in half)
3 cloves garlic (minced)
1/4 tsp freshly-ground black pepper
1/2 tsp ground Thai chilli (I used fresh chillies)
2 tbsp palm sugar
1 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp Thai fish sauce
4 tbsp peanut oil

METHOD:

1. Cut off the woody tops and bottoms of the lemon grass. Remove the outer 2-3 layers of the stalk and cut the tender middle section into 1 inch lengths. Bruise the lemon grass by hitting it with the back of a Chinese cleaver.
2. Combine bruised lemon grass, chicken thighs, garlic, black pepper, ground Thai chili, palm sugar, salt, and fish sauce in a bowl. Mix thoroughly and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
3. Heat a wok over medium-high heat and add the peanut oil, swirling to coat the entire surface. 4. Heat the oil for 1 minute and add the marinated chicken mixture. Stir-fry for 15 minutes (the chicken and sauce will thicken and become caramelized).

2 comments:

zhengning said...

Hey Berenice!
Haha, you're not only good at baking, but also home-cooking! Wow, your future husband sure fortunate to have you as wife :p
Haha, visited your two other blogs, the shoppingblog and ur personal blog. haha, read that you're turning 21 in a months' time!
Thought of baking ur own bday cake?

-Berenice- said...

Hey!

Hahaha.. I am not that good, the kitchen just happens to be the most relaxing place for me.
I don't think I will be baking my own cake.. I'm expecting someone else to do it! Hehe..

Thanks for visiting!