Monday, 9 February 2009
Tuesday, 25 November 2008
Monday, 17 November 2008
Tuesday, 11 November 2008
Saturday, 8 November 2008
1. Use a large deep set plate.
2. Add fresh basa fish fillets marinated in cornflour, salt and pepper.
3. Pile on 6 LARGE fresh prawns.
4. Pile on tofu slices.
5. Add mushrooms, sour plums, sliced chilli and ginger, spring onions or coriander and tomatoes.
6. Add 2 tablespoon of light soya sauce, sesame oil, 2 tablespoon of water and a dash of white pepper.
7. Steam for 15 - 20 minutes.
8. Splash shaoxing jiu (chinese cooking wine) and serve immediately!
I also cooked a simple cabbage and carrots dish.
Thursday, 6 November 2008
So I made sweet and sour pork, prawns and tofu.
How do you make this?
What you need: Chopped garlic, tofu, sliced pork and prawns.
Sauce: Sweet chilli sauce, tomato sauce, sliced fresh chillies. Corn starch to thicken the sauce.
So easy! :)
You can batter the pork and add pineapple slices or capsium but I like it simple!
Thursday, 30 October 2008
A fail proof recipe!
What you need to serve 2:
Thickened cream 100g
1/4 cup fresh milk
300g of mixed seafood (I used salmon, calamari, mussells, fish and prawns)
3 or 4 cups of cooked penne
Salt and pepper
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon of butter
Spring onions (optional)
Stir-fry garlic, seafood, mushroom and penne in butter. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Make sauce - Combine cream, milk, egg yolk and spring onions.
Pour sauce over cooked pasta. Garnish with parsley and shaved cheese.
Thursday, 16 October 2008
Sliced beef with spring onion and ginger (It would be so much better if I had a sizzling hot plate!)
Crispy Korean seafood pancake