Sunday, 27 January 2008

It's all about patience...

Hi everyone!

I really am amazed by the number of people who have been emailing and leaving nice comments. Some asked if my mummy or myself are conducting any baking classes or courses. Hehe.. some of you might not know this but I am just a regular 21 year-old undergraduate who loves spending time in the kitchen while my mummy cooks and bakes really really really well and we both aspire to open a little cafe one day.

A couple of you have also asked for recipes... I even received pictures of failed baking attempts! I just wanna say that it's ok to fail... if you look through my old entries, you can see pictures of rock-hard bread or ugly cakes or cupcakes with imperfect frostings! Hahaha.. I have never attended any professional baking or cooking school and I mostly experiment through trial and error! To those of you who have never used an oven before, don't be afraid, step out of your comfort zone and start on something simple. With this, I would like to share with everyone a very easy recipe that I found on the cadbury website for crunchy chocolate and apricot cornflake cookies. I personally could NOT stop munching on them! If you would like other recipes, please leave your email address in your comment and I will try to accommodate your requests. :)



Recipe:

INGREDIENTS
125 g butter
1/3 cup brown sugar (I reduced this to 1/4 cup)
1 egg
1 cup self-raising flour
1 cup loosely packed chopped dried apricots
150 g (6 rows) Cadbury Dark Cooking Chocolate, chopped
2½ cups cornflakes - crushed

  • Bake for 20 minutes.Preheat the oven to 180°C. Cream the butter and brown sugar. Add the egg and mix well.
  • Add the flour, then stir in the apricots and chocolate.
  • Drop teaspoonfuls of the mixture into the corn flakes, and roll to coat. Place on a greased or
  • lined baking tray.
  • Bake for 15 minutes.


No comments: