Tuesday, 22 April 2008

Steamed Banana Cake!

I was browsing through some blogs when I came across this.. Steamed Banana Cake. This is the BEST version of banana cake which I have tried. The wholemeal banana cake I made before rated a 9.5/10 but this is an amazing 9.75/10!! Hahaha.. it is soooo moist and the natural sweetness of mashed bananas made this perfect! It is also really healthy because of the little sugar and oil used! I am going to make this again.. and again.... and again!


It came out in such a weird shape because my muffin cups are not strong enough and don't hold the batter well.. I will use a thicker muffin cup next time.

So MOIST!!!


Ingredients: (4 big muffins)
1 egg
40g sugar
1 large ripe banana - mashed
75g self-raising flour
1/8 tsp baking soda
37g oil

Steps:

Sift together self-raising flour and baking soda, set aside.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together Eggs and sugar till ribbon stage.
Mix in mashed bananas, beat till combine.
Gently fold in flour mixture and Oil, taking care not to deflate the eggs and sugar mixture.

Pour Batter into muffin pan, lined with muffin cups.
Steam over high heat for 15mins or till an inserted skewer comes out clean.

Recipe from Amanda.

All gone!

4 comments:

Little Corner of Mine said...

Very delicious right? Yours turned out great, soft and fluffy! I would make this again and again too. :)

-Berenice- said...

yesyes very yummy! :) Thanks for dropping by! Hope to see more bakes over at your side too.

Anonymous said...

Woah~ :) Thanks for trying my recipe, it is an honor to hear that u are giving it such high ratings! :D *curtsy*

Amanda

-Berenice- said...

Thanks for being so generous with the recipe! :)