Thursday, 17 April 2008

To cook just like Mummy...

Eisen hasn't had a home cooked meal in ages and it was lucky that I found half a small pack of Jasmine rice at home (I don't eat rice, so it is really quite amazing how that pack of rice appeared in my pantry! Hehe). So anyway, he was starving by the time I got home so I quickly chopped, sliced, mixed, stir fried, baked and boiled the following and dinner was ready in 40 minutes.

Eisen's Feast!

1. Chapalang Chicken

Marinate chicken with chopped garlic, oregano, BBQ sauce, honey, oyster sauce, soya sauce, salt and pepper. Bake at 180deg till chicken has slightly burnt edges.

2. Garlic shoots with carrots and minced meat

Stir-fry chopped garlic then add minced meat, garlic shoots and carrots. Add oyster sauce and ABC sweet sauce diluted with some water. This dish is also great with mushrooms!

3. Eisen's fav Tom Yum soup

We use an instant Tom Yum paste that you can get in most Asian stores. I added in fish cakes, crab sticks, seafood patties, sliced chicken and fresh tofu pieces.

4. Onion Egg

Stir-fry garlic and sliced onions in hot pan till brown. Add into beaten eggs, add some salt, pepper and a pinch of chicken powder, mix well. Pan fry on each side for about 1 minute. You can add in spring onions and freshly sliced chillies too.

These dishes are what I usually eat back home in Singapore and my mum has a massive influence on my 'experiments' in the kitchen. I dream to cook just like my mummy one day. :)

2 comments:

s0hp0h said...

the classic 'three dishes with one soup' omg, U can really cook ya!!

-Berenice- said...

Hahaha.. so typical 'Asian' right. Aiyah. I enjoy cooking but whether or not they taste up to standard is a different story! :P