Saturday, 10 May 2008

Pumpkin Scones!

OH Nooooo... I caved in! The diet lasted for a good 3 days and I just KNOW I am going to break it today (4th day).. Megan's having a chocolate party today and tell me.. how can any girl say NO to chocolate? That's like saying NO to your bestest bud. :( So anyway, I said I will post more pictures and the recipe for the healthy scones I ate for supper 2 nights ago.

If anyone is curious.. in 3 days, I lost 0.8kg. I won't go into the details but let's just say my bowel movements improved a lot. Haha.. not too bad for a futile attempt.

So Golden.. so Delicious..

Look how moist they are?

I first tried these scones whilst I was in Mount Gambier for my dental community placement, Helen, a dental assistant baked these for all of us for morning tea one day and I got the recipe off her! :)

Cream 1 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp hot water, 1/2 cup sugar (I reduced it to 1/4 cup)

Add 1 egg, 1 cup (I added 1.5cups) mashed cooked pumpkin mix

Add 1 cup sifted self-raising flour

Turn out and knead lightly and flatten to 1"

Cut with scone cutter and placed on floured tray in preheated 180deg oven for 12minutes.

I found the batter a little too moist because I added so much pumpkin so I ended up using 1.5 cups of flour.

"Artistic" shot.

A little tier.

Full of pumpkin goodness!

No comments: